Monday, May 7, 2012

Murray and Brigham City memories


I have a few memories of swimming in the outdoor pool at Murray park and walking home and stopping at the little store on Vine Street that was across the from the entrance to the park.  We would buy penny candy there.  I know that we commuted to Brigham City for a few months until our house in Brigham City was finished.  The freeway was not finished and we had to drive on highway 89.   It must have taken us hours each way.  I know we would leave like at 4 in the morning and then not get back until late at night.  How long did we do that?  I remember that aunt Verrie came to visit us in Brigham and that she and I went outside and picked up construction debris from the yard.  When we got done we had quite a pile of trash.  I remember that Van slept in the unfinished basement.  That the grade school was on double shifts and that my morning shift was done sometime just afternoon and mom gave me money to walk to the movie theater on State Street a few blocks north of the grade school and see the same movie everyday and I had enough money to buy a treat except for primary day when I would go to primary at the Talbot’s ward where Sister Bott was my teacher.  I went to their ward because I could walk there our ward was too far away.  I can’t remember what I would do after the movie.  Do you Alice?  I was only 7 at the beginning of the school year and I remember she was an old lady but I liked her and she liked me.  She wrote me on my mission once and she came to our wedding.  She was a great lady.  I was baptized in Brigham.  Dad baptized me.  I was his only child that he was able to baptize.  He had joined the church when I was 6.  When did we move to Bountiful was it the summer after we moved to Brigham?  I remember playing with Dad’s jointer and getting my middle finger shortened.  Dad was pretty upset and I had to get my finger sowed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment